On March 20, Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 202.8. As it relates to the Department of Motor Vehicles, the following actions are implemented:
• Drivers Licenses expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
• Non-Drivers Identification Cards expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
• Vehicle Registrations expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
• Temporary Registrations from Auto Dealerships expiring during the period of March 1, 2020 through April 19, 2020 are extended to April 19, 2020.
• Any scheduled appointments at NYSDMV offices are cancelled as of March 20, 2020.
Based on the above, all Motor Vehicle Offices in Dutchess County will be closed effective March 23, 2020 until further notice. This applies to the following offices: Beacon, Pawling, Millbrook, Wappingers and Poughkeepsie.
The County Clerk’s Office will continue to be open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The following transactions are suspended:
• Passport Applications and Photos
• Assumed Name applications (doing business as, DBA)